Tesla Catches Fire in Chino

A Tesla caught fire early Sunday morning in Chino. The fire was reported in the 12700 block of Ramona Avenue. Due to the batteries and electronics on the vehicle, it took firefighters over an hour to put the fire out.

Firefighters used a tow truck to drag the burning vehicle out of the driveway of the home before it caught anything else on fire. It is unknown how the fire started. There have been dozens of cases across the United States of the battery catching fire during charging.